Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Hey Ms. Bell, Is that the Jonas Brothers?"

I play music a lot in my PE class.  I find that the kids run better and play better with music.  It is mostly music that I like since I have to hear it all day.  The kids like it too for the most part.  I try to get new things in my play list.  The kids like some of the old stuff.  Queen, for example.  I play We Will Rock You and the whole class is energized.  I even play the disco version of Beethoven's 5th.  There is some good 80s music that the kids have heard.  They'll say that their parents play that song and the kids usually know the words.  Yesterday I was playing my favorite song by my favorite band.  I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick.  The song had just started and this kid said, "Hey Ms. Bell, is that the Jonas Brothers!!?"  Ummmm, excuse me?  Is nothing sacred anymore?  How can anyone mistake Cheap Trick for the Jonas Brothers?  Perhaps it was all the fans screaming at the beginning  of the song.   Perhaps it was the fact that the kid was in 3rd grade.  I am refusing to put the Jonas Brothers in my playlist though.  I have nothing against them but I am not paying for it.  

In other news, my hot water heater busted last night.  I am sitting at home right now watching 3 men trade out water heaters.  I was up every hour on the hour bailing the water that was still in it that was slowly leaking out.  At least I get the day off of work and I'm not sick.  I am also happy it didn't happen this time next week.  I will be out of town and I wouldn't have caught it right when it happened.  It also happened right before I went to bed, I can't imagine waking up to the mess that would have been there to greet me this morning!

Soccer news.... Our 1st undefeated season!  We wrapped up 1st place 2 weeks ago, but it was nice to go undefeated.  It was a close call.  The other team tied the game with 21 seconds to go.  We scored to go up one with 2.6 seconds to go.  We didn't have any subs at all and they had 6 extra players.  We would have creamed them if we had our whole team there.  Who would have ever thought I'd be on a soccer team in the first place, much less a good one?  Me, the one who loathed soccer!  


1 comment:

Hannah said...

You mean the Jonas Brothers don't sing that??? ;)