Wednesday, October 24, 2007

C is for Cookie

I made these cupcakes for a cakewalk at church 2 weekends ago. I made 3 sets of 6 and they were the first 3 to go that afternoon! Here are step by step pictures...
I used icing made from Crisco, powdered sugar and water, tinted with royal blue icing. To get the furry effect I used the leaf tip. I left a space for the eyes on some but not on others. It doesn't matter really.Using the large round tip I added the whites of his eyes. Be sure not to let it peak but let it be flatter on top.

I tinted a small amount of icing black. Using the small round tip I made the eyes and the mouth. Don't worry too much about filling it in all the way. You'll see why in a minute. The one thing I did mess up here was eye placement. I should have put them more on the inside with one up and one down (more googley.)

To finish off the cupcakes place a mini Chips Ahoy cookie in his mouth. You can also crumble one up. I didn't think of that till later though. The 100 calorie Chips Ahoy might also be good to use.

They really were that simple to make. Didn't take a lot of time either. You could use chocolate icing instead of the black and even use upside down chocolate chips for the eyes.

I think I am going to try Oscar the Grouch next :)!

1 comment:

Sign2Jill said...

Those are probably the cutest cupcakes I've ever seen! How creative you are!