Monday, November 5, 2007

What do I want to be when I grow up?

It may seem a silly question, after all I am 31. I have a degree, and a good job. So why am I asking this question? Well, because I don't want to teach for 30 years. I am tired of ungrateful kids that have more rights than I do. There are so many of them. They know I can't make them do anything they don't want to do and I really can't stop them from doing whatever they want to do. I give up. Nope, can't do it.
But what can I do? I have thought about grad school, getting my Masters in Educational Leadership. That would put me on an administrative track. But I would still be dealing with unappreciative kids. I could change subjects but I would still be stuck with the same problem. Then there is the Accelerated Degree program to get on the fast track to becoming a Registered Nurse. I don't have many classes that I would have to take before going right into the main courses. Problem is the two Universities in this area that offer it are George Washington and Marymount....only two of the most expensive universities in the area. I haven't fully explored this option though and I know that nursing is a great field and the shortage is only getting worse.
Then I have thought about just getting a job that I need a degree for. I hear there are government jobs like that. I don't know what those are or if they really do exist. (I'm even willing to learn Arabic....that should be a plus, right?)
All I know is I feel stuck. I hate feeling stuck.

5 comments:

Shayna Willis said...

I was thinking about this the other day. And I was thinking of suggesting that you try Seminary.

Anonymous said...

Through lots of prayer and the power of God who made you, you can
be whatever He wants you to be. He
will guide you in your decision. And maybe there is more than one
thing that would be pleasing to Him. If you have earnestly talked to Him about it and choose one that is not, He will put up a barrier. This life is not easy, but
with all things, He will make a way. Love you LOTS (have lived
long enough to prove that He knows
how to get you through whatever life can bring)

Sign2Jill said...

Have you thought about starting a cake decorating business? I think you'd do really well in this area!!

Suzanne said...

You know Jill, I have thought about that too...anything creative actually!!

Unknown said...

I think us members of the "Finer Yarn Club" should buy and manage a yarn shop. What fun!!