Saturday, June 14, 2008

The bad cake

Humidity isn't only bad for my hair, it is bad for cakes too.  Actually, it is bad for icing.  I had to make a cake for a wedding shower and it didn't turn out like I wanted it to.  Good thing is, no one really noticed or cared and it tasted great.  They were more impressed that I made the roses.  

I have had a couple of people ask me about what I used for the sunning teddy bear cupcakes.  For the sand I used crushed butter cookies (you know the kind that look like flowers that you put on your finger to eat :) ).  The beach blankets are Airheads candy.  I stretched them and then cut them.  The bears, of course, are Teddy Grahams, and then I just got the cocktail umbrellas from the party store.  

Friday was the last day of school for the kids this year.  It was 
also Field Day.  I am just glad it's over!  We have a tradition at Poe, all the teachers line up on the sidewalk and clap and wave as the buses carries the kids home one last time.  I will miss some of them, but there are several I will not lament.   I have 3 more days to go though.  I have to move out of my office.  That might take all 3 days!

Here are some of my classes.  I didn't get my 6th and 7th period classes.  

No comments: