Sunday, June 15, 2008

Some political talk....

I know, 2 posts in 2 days!  Amazing isn't it?

I haven't really blogged much about politics even though I love talking about it.  Up here in the DC area one has to be careful who they talk to though.  It isn't like the South where you disagree about politics then go to a BBQ.  Here, it hurts feelings and arguments can get pretty heavy. ....BUT I DON"T CARE!  I can't tell you how glad I am that Hillary is out of the race.  I know, I know, Obama is much more Liberal than she is, but still.  I think there are enough holes in Obama's campaign to keep him out.  Of course, I am not too keen on the American people right now either.  I am not sure some of them can remember how to think for
 themselves.  They had rather the media tell them how to vote and believe everything they hear.  I remember my dad giving me this advice.  "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."  The media is tricky too.  When Tim Russert died Friday, the host of Meet the Press, the picture you saw on the associated press article was Russert with Obama.  That isn't major, but it is tons of little things like that which we see everyday.  Why not him with his family or a political figure that isn't running for office?  
Now, for those of you ready to defend Obama and your own honor, I am not big on McCain either.  This is definitely one of those elections where I will be voting for the lesser of the 2 evils.  
Well, I am glad I don't have to make good on my promise just yet of moving out of the country.  I had said I'm getting out of this place if Hillary became president.  She could run again....

Thanks for listening to me rant a bit.  Feels good to get out.  I'm sure there will be more.  I hope I'm still invited to your next BBQ :)!

No comments: