Sunday, June 29, 2008

Going through memories

This past week I went home to visit my parents and my 2 sisters.  My mom finally made me get all my stuff I had stored in their attic and go through it.  I sure did have a lot of stuff!  I found a couple boxes of clothes I had been missing.  (I'm still missing some clothes I think!) I had boxes and boxes of "keepsakes."  I would open a box and a few things would get my attention immediately, like some of the toys I had when I was really little, or my collection of Star Wars action figures and Hot Wheels.  Then there was the rest of the box.... what was I thinking when I just HAD to keep this?  I had notebooks from 10th grade biology.  Why?  I have no clue.  I think I ended up with 4 huge bags of trash and 6 or 7 boxes for Goodwill.  (And no, the Star Wars action figures did NOT end up in the Goodwill box.  They are safely stored in my ONE keepsake box.)  I am pretty happy with how far I scaled down.  I am sure the next time I go through that box I'll wonder why I just had to keep a couple of things.  

When's the last time you went through your keepsakes?

No comments: