Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Armadillo and soccer

Everyone down here says armadillo are everywhere.  They liken it to possum in Tennessee.  Anyone who drives along a road will probably see some roadkill possum along the way.  I lived here 2 summers and now almost a month and just saw my first armadillo on Saturday.  It was dead, but it was still an armadillo.  I was so excited!  Did you know it is the state animal of Texas? Here is another piece of Texas trivia for you.  Did you know that Texas is the only state that can fly their flag at the same height as the U.S. Flag?  Anyone know why?  I do! I do!

Now, onto soccer.  I hate soccer... loathe it actually.  But yet, I am playing on a 30 and over indoor soccer team.  Our first game was Sunday night.  We lost but I actually had a slightly good time.  I am a forward.  I got one good shot on the goal but it was too high.  The other team's goalie said that if it had been lower I would have scored because he couldn't have got to it.  Oh well.  I am not very good but it is active and gives me something to do.  


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, why?

Anonymous said...

ahahah you saw one soon! :) i lived here almost 5 years before I saw a dead one. Doesnt it look like a cracked open watermelon to you? like a watermelon that fell onto the floor? ewww... :) hahaah.

Anonymous said...

yea! i actually don't like soccer either! um, your room has now turned the color of almond chip and lime curl! The bathroom is the same!

We miss you!!!
ellyn

Ellyn said...

check out my blog...you will see pics! :)