Monday, August 4, 2008

Cupcakes and bets

Well, I made my first cupcakes since I've been here.  Jeremy had an end-of-season soccer party to go to and we were supposed to bring something to eat.  I finally had an excuse to make cupcakes!  Here they are....

The night before we went to my brother's for dinner.  On the way Jeremy and I were listening to a Merle Haggard CD.  A song came on and he made a bet with me.  Ic I could name the person singing with Merle Haggard on this one song without any hints then he'd watch Pride and Prejudice with me.  Now. that is a serious bet.  Pride and Prejudice is almost 6 hours long!   He would only bet that if he knew I wouldn't get it right......  I won't make him watch it all at once.  :)  The answer to the bet?  Clint Eastwood.  He hasn't wanted to bet anything since then.

Well, I have no job yet.  I am being patient and not panicking.  My last 2 teaching jobs I got right before school started.  My first one I got the day before!  I am looking into some private schools as well.  I'll leave you with one of the questions on one of the applications to a private school...  What is the minimum salary you will consider?  How do you answer that??????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you use to ice it?
And...don't sell yourself short, check on what they are paying teachers and use that after you have checked your budget and see what you CAN live with. Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for meeting us today! I Hope we didn't scare you! :) we tend to get a bit loud and insane

but we all thought you were super nice! we hope to see you again soon!