Monday, July 2, 2007

On a soap box

I just went to the bank. After 10 minutes in line without moving AT ALL I gave up and left. Thing is it is always like that where I bank; at every branch. I rarely ever spend less than 15 minutes even when I go to the drive-thru. They are the SLOWEST people I have ever seen AND there are usually only 2 tellers, 1 at the drive-thru and one in the lobby...maybe 2 in the lobby. Now I normally don't complain about things but I used to work at a bank and I know it doesn't take that long to do a transaction. Either the people are just that slow or the system they are using is archaic. I am seriously thinking of changing banks on this fact alone. I have banked with them for a long time and haven't had any problems with them but when I go to the bank I expect to see more than 2 tellers and I don't expect to spend half my day in there. By the way, the bank I am referring to is Bank of America. I think I am going to write a letter or call to complain but I don't know to whom. I have another soap box I want to stand on too but I'll save it for later. It is a bit more controversial than banking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ugh. I don't think it is just your bank, though. We actually have a reasonably decent branch right now, but every bank we've used up here (as well as every drug store -- but don't get me started on that!) have lines that are way too long, and, bless their hearts, people behind the counters that are quite clueless!

Anonymous said...

totally, where do you bank. I sat in line at the drive through at the Wachovia in Manassas (on 28) for 15 minutes not moving one inch before i gave up...