Friday, January 11, 2008

Let's try again

Some of you know I took a few banjo lessons last year but after wasting most of my lesson time with my teacher figuring things out, I quit. I started again last night in a class through Fairfax County Parks and Rec. I am not sure about it to be honest. The teacher is..... very peculiar. He gets off on tangents that have absolutely nothing even remotely to do with playing the banjo and he talks about them like we should be very interested in what he had to say. Thinks like supination and pronation. If I hadn't had lessons before I would be completely lost. The only reason I have any clue what to do is because I know a few basics. 2 of the guys in my class came in knowing nothing. I feel really bad for them. It will be interesting to see what we learn in 8 weeks. I am suppose to practice Shortnin' Bread this week.

In other news.... I got a new printer. I used my iPhone rebate from Apple for it. I drooled over a MacBook on my way back to the printers.

My knee is still hurting. The shot obviously didn't work. I want to call the doctor back and see if he can see me but I can't go so it doesn't matter. I can't take off for the next 2 weeks. I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm studying, sorta, for the Middle School Math Praxis II Test. If I pass it my principal said if there is a math position open next year she won't even interview, she'll give it to me. I tried to talk her into a half PE half math position but she wasn't going for it. Of course I spent this week doing fitness tests. One of them requires the kids to take off their shoes. I have to sit right next to their lovely, smelly socked feet to measure how far they can stretch. I won't miss that.

That's the news with me. :)

No comments: