Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A meeting that was actually worth my time!

Don't you just hate most meetings? Most are meetings for meeting sake. There is no point and rarely does anything really get settled. I had a meeting today that was from 8:00 to 3:30 for new department chairs in the county. To my amazement it was actually helpful and informative. My favorite part...How and when to hold a meeting. I guess since they are telling us how to they had better do it right. I wish all my meetings were like that. I really wasn't bored once today. I am however a bit overwhelmed. During the meeting today I thought to myself, I can handle this.... Then I remembered that I also teach 5 classes on top of my responsibilities of being department chair. Oh, and that I want to start my Masters program in the Spring. Oh, and I do want a life. AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! At least I know how to have a great meeting!

No comments: