Friday, August 17, 2007

UFOs


How many UnFinished Objects do you have? I just added to my list today by cutting out a bunch of tote bags and part of a shower gift. If I count those.... let's see that's 6 plus...... 1 quilted wall hanging, 1 burp cloth, 6 crochet afghans, 2 crochet scarves, 1 knit scarf, 2 large cross-stitch projects, 1 small cross-stitch project, 1 large painted tub (pictured), 2 large blankets.....I am sure I am forgetting about 10 other projects. And that isn't even counting materials I have for projects I haven't started! Thing is some of these projects don't lack much being finished. Take for instance the wall quilt just needs to have the binding put on it. The burp cloth would be done in 30 minutes if I would just sit down and do it. The small cross-stitch I could finish in a day, the painted tub might take 2 days to allow for drying time, but not many of my UFOs would take a long time to finish. All that to say... I would like to propose a UFO weekend, well more like a UFO Saturday. Reserve the room next to the kitchen, the room across from that room, and the kitchen at Fairfax, set up tables, chairs, ironing boards, etc. and do nothing but work on projects that are already in the works. Scrapbook pages, painting projects, sewing projects, crochet projects, knitting projects, needlework projects... shall I go on? We could do donuts and juice for breakfast, bring a bag lunch and have dinner catered. We could even have a couple of babysitting shifts for those that need to bring their kids. Just throwing it around in my mind. I would like to hear what some of y'all think and if you think others would be interested.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if I could fit all my UFOs in the car to bring them over there! (Maybe if I took out the car seat . . .) :)

Maybe I should just prioritize -- you know -- kind of like a debt snowball -- pick the projects that need the least amount of work to be done and start with those . . .

Ellyn said...

um, you live with me...you see all of our UFO's everday! :)